Sunday, March 13, 2011

Halloween (1978)

"The Night He Came Home!"












Synopsis: The year is 1963, the night; Halloween. Police are called to 43 Lampkin Ln. only to discover that a 17 year Judith Myers had been stabbed to death, by her 6 year-old brother. After being institutionalized for 15 years, Myers breaks out just days before Halloween. No one knows nor would wish to find out what would happen on October 31st 1978, besides Myer's physciatrist Dr. Loomis (Donald Pleasence). He knows Michael is coming back to Haddonfield, but by the time the town realizes it, it'll be to late for many people.

My Thoughts: John Carpenter is the greatest horror/sci-fi director of all-time. No offense to the Wes Craven fans out there, but I will never even argue that fact. All you would have to do for proof of that is check out his resume. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Slasher films are by far my favorite of the horror genre, so naturally this would be my favorite Carpenter flick (although "The Thing" and "The Fog" are damn close). As a slasher, this film is as good as it gets. It's got a great back-story, a perfect cast, Carpenter's incredible score and of course, the legendary Mr. Michael Myers.

As you probably know, this plays over & over on cable every Halloween. I've easily watched this movie over 50 times. You would think I'd be sick of it by now. I mean, I love "Friday the 13th", but I doubt I would love it as much if I'd seen it nearly that many times. What's the difference you ask? It's gotta be the music. Not only does it add to the suspense of the film, it also makes you feel like it's Halloween night. By now I know this movie almost line for line, so I can walk away from the t.v. and come back without missing a beat and when I do this movie makes for great background music. Kinda like putting on one of your favorite CD's when you're doing shit around the house. Now I ask you, what other horror flick can do that?



My Rating: 10 / 10






If you don't already own this one, you should be ashamed of yourself.

"click to see the trailer"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...