Saturday, April 9, 2011

Bear (2010)

"Play Dead."












Synopsis: Two young couples are driving through a remote forest when their car breaks down. When a run-in with a curious grizzly bear ends up with the bear being shot to death, the bear's mate arrives on the scene and vengefully attacks their van. The couples are trapped inside the disabled car and must come up with clever ways to survive. As they battle the surprisingly intelligent creature, and contemplate their uncertain fate, secrets begin to emerge that threaten to tear the group apart before the bear does.

My Thoughts: My biggest gripe with this film is the wasted potential. I do enjoy a killer animal movie now and again. What I don't enjoy is a movie whose cast of characters is made up entirely of annoying fuckin' drama queens. It's bad enough they were shit actors, but the constant arguing was just too much. I realize the writer wanted the viewers to dislike these assholes and see the bear as the victim, but it went way past hating the characters and lead to me hating the movie.

I thought the main purpose of watching a horror film is to escape real life for an hour or two and have a good time. That's pretty hard to do when the film you're watching is filled with the same type of dickholes that you spend most of your time trying to avoid.

I did enjoy most of the bear's attack scenes, even though they gave him super intelligence. I can't really think of anything else that I liked about it, so I gotta say ...fuck this movie!


My Rating: 2.5 / 10




If you find yourself standing in front of the redbox and there's nothing else to rent ...just go home and go to bed. You need some sleep anyway.

"click here to see the trailer"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...