Friday, February 25, 2011

The Troll Hunter (2010)

a.k.a. Trolljegeren
"You'll believe it when you see it!'












Synopsis: A group of students investigate a series of mysterious bear killings, but find out that there are much more dangerous things going on. They start to follow a mysterious hunter, learning that he is actually a troll hunter.

My Thoughts: I gotta admit, going all the way back to "The Blair Witch Project", I've pretty much been a hater of the hand-held video camera faux documentary horror flicks.  There have been one or two that I can tolerate, but nothing that I would ever purchase or even suggest to a friend. Though unlike most of the true haters, I do always give the next one a chance. Maybe I've just been looking for the one movie that would convince me that it's not an utterly hopeless form of entertainment. Well, it took the Norwegians to pull it off.

This film finally delivers where many (if not all) of it's predecessors have failed. The main reason they show you what you wanna see. If it's a ghost movie, show me some damn ghosts. If it's a troll movie, show me the trolls. Not only do they show you what you came to see, but the trolls are fuckin' badass ...and really pissed off.

The story is interesting & well written. The acting is believable. The camerawork isn't too shaky and the scenery of Norway's wilderness really fills in the holes where the viewer might tend to get a little bored between the action sequences.

My only complaint is that I would have liked to have seen a little gore, which would have made this in my mind the perfect film of it's kind. Suck on that "Paranormal Activity"!


My Rating
: 8 / 10









This is one movie that should definitely be delivered to the American public. So dub it over in English, give it the million dollar advertising campaign (ala Blair Witch, Paranormal Activity) ...hell, even turn it into 3-D. These Norwegians should get their just due.

"click here to see the trailer"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...