Sunday, February 27, 2011

51 (2011)

a.k.a. Area 51
"Welcome to the future"












Synopsis: "51" chronicles what happens after political pressure from the American public forces the Air Force to provide a few well-known reporters with limited access to the most secretive base on the planet: Area 51. When one of the base's hidden 'long term visitors' exploits this unprecedented visit as a chance to liberate himself and his fellow alien captives, Area 51 turns from a secure government base to a horrifying destination of terror.

My Thoughts: I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed. That's seems to be the best way to describe my feelings of the After Dark Originals that I've seen so far. After watching "Husk" a couple weeks back on SyFy Channel, I was stunned. This time around, I was a little more prepared. I mean, when you see an alien movie premiere on SyFy starring Bruce Boxleitner and Jason London, you know what you're gonna get. I won't even get into how bad they miscast Rachel Miner.

I'm really hoping that these two films (that were pulled from the theaters at the last minute by After Dark and given SyFy premieres) are just bad because of SyFy's involvement. "Husk" was a very poor film all-around, maybe 2.5 out of 10. "51" (or "Area 51") could've been worse, but it had the whole cheesy SyFy Channel movie feel. It had the SyFy storyline, the SyFy dialog, the SyFy sets, the Syfy effects/CGI, the SyFy acting and on and on and on.

Now don't get me wrong, I actually get a kick out of some of SyFy's original movies. They have their share of fun killer animal, giant insect and mutant fish flicks. I also realize that After Dark has had a good number of stinkers through the years, but I guess I was still expecting more.


My Rating: 4 / 10






Maybe worth a watch on SyFy channel. Let's hope the 6 remaining non-SyFy channel After Dark films can finish strong and save this year's horrorfest.

"click here to see the trailer"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...