Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Dahmer Vs. Gacy (2010)

"The Two Most Infamous Mass Murders Battle For Top Spot"













Synopsis: The plot involves a secret government lab that apparently even the president doesn't know about. The scientists are using the DNA from some of history's most infamous serial killers (Dahmer, Gacy, Ramirez, Manson, Speck, etc.) in order to create the ultimate killers. After Dahmer and Gacy escape, it's up to a guy named Ringo (Ford Austin), a drunken hillbilly who's being trained by God (played by Harland Williams) to save the day. So he hits the road to hunt down the two killers, but first has to deal with his own inner-demons as well as fight off a gang of ninjas and X-13, the ultimate serial killer.

My Thoughts: I really hate it when I sit through a movie as bad as 'Dahmer vs. Gacy', then find out that it won a best picture award at some film festival. Okay, it was only the 'Bare Bones International Film Festival' in Muskogee, Oklahoma ...but still, c'mon! What the f*#k were the other movies these poor bastards had to sit through?

This film seemed to try to copy a typical Troma movie. Unfortunately, it has none of the Troma charm. Yeah, I said it ...Troma charm. Horror-comedies are pretty tough to pull off, so I guess I'll give the film's creators some credit for the effort. I just would've liked to have seen a few more of the gags in this movie actually work. They sure tried enough of them.

And as if the horrible jokes weren't bad enough, the director didn't help things with his constant use of choppy close-up camera shots. It was like watching an annoying 90 minute music video. Also, they could have at least hired on a qualified make-up effects crew. Even a terrible horror flick can be saved (a least a little) with a couple of decent looking kills.


My Rating: 2.5 / 10






I know a lot of us horror fans see a title like 'Dahmer vs. Gacy' and no matter how hard we try not to, we wind up watching it anyway. I do it all the time. Learn from my mistakes. Avoid it.

"click here to see the trailer"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...